Wednesday, October 26, 2011

By the Fireside...

Hello to all of you out in the blogosphere!
I will spare you all of the boring details as to why I embarrasingly posted yesterday an exact week from the previous Special Dress Tuesday.
Just know, I've been sick and busy.
Now, back to business...
I love fashion and I love styling.
Part of why I started this blog was to talk about how to dress modestly and in fashion at the same time.
And I am going to start a series of posts, starting today, for all of my Apostolic ladies and gentlemen out there who are going to National Youth Convention, Holiday Conventions, and/or whatever big conferences there are that they want to shop for. (I know you do, don't pretend that you already had those clothes in your closet, guys! ;] ) Or, if you want to mix things up with the clothes that you do own.


If you know me, you know that I love a good chunky sweater.
There's something so impeccably cozy and beautiful about them.
And so, after I saw this Teen Vogue spread the other day, as I happily flipped through November's issue, I was immediately inspired!
So lovely and so sweet.
I'm actually wearing a big chunky sweater right now, lol.
They're so on trend right now, but the key to styling a sweater is that little something extra-think mixing textures.(leather, sequins, glitter, fur, corduroy, color..)
Note the sheer polka dotted slip peeking out from beneath the sweater dress and the sparkly oxfords!
I love a good sparkle and they are the ultimate in adding an extra something to a sweater.
Note the fur hat, here. (I realize that it's above her knees. Work with me, here, people. There are some that go to your knees. But, if you can't find one, I reccomend pairing a big chunky sweater with a jean pencil skirt instead.) Also note the socks peeking out from above her leather boots.
And speaking of leather... Don't shy away! Leather skirts are one of my most favorite things in the world!
Pencil or circle.
Now, this has got to be one of my favorite pairings. A thin sweatshirt/sweater with an interesting circle skirt. You can pair this with a loafer (so hot right now) or a pair of babydoll pumps with socks.
It can even be a chunky sweater or a striped one...
And let's not get started on striped sweaters, cause that could be an entire post on it's own...


And lastly for today, PRINTED PENCIL SKIRTS!!! (this will probably be another post within itself. I've got some things stored away for that one)
I'll be back with a post for the men later.
There's a lot more inspiration to come, but I've got some work to do.
Au Revior, Lovelies!
XOXO
Madison


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to comment! I love to read every comment and opinion! This is a great opportunity to find lovely new inspiration through you readers! I will always try to comment back and leave some love. So go ahead, dawls! Tell me what youre thinking! xoxo.