Thursday, February 11, 2010

R.I.P. Alexander McQueen

Today, we are mourning the tragic loss of legendary, brilliant designer, Alexander McQueen.
I am so in shock. I just can't believe it.

"London born fashion designer Alexander McQueen has been found dead of an apparent suicide, a source at the designer’s office has confirmed.TMZ is reporting McQueen was found hanged in his luxury flat off Park Lane in central London and that the death is not being treated as suspicious. McQueen’s death comes just days before the start of London Fashion Week, and just a few weeks ahead of the shows in Paris. McQueen’s newest collection was set to be unveiled in Paris on March 9th."

Noone can understand what someone goes through that leads them to commit such a devastating act. I only know that he will be missed terribly. He was a wonderful man and brought beautiful art to this world.

Here are some of my favorites from this alegend who's intelligence and imagination "knew no bounds" as others have said.
Alexander McQueen


Alexander McQueen Titanic Ballerina Pumps




3 comments:

  1. I hope he has found peace now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD!!! I just can't believe that!! He was a truly artist! This is awful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the best blog tribute yet...showcasing McQueen's looks that have made him a star.
    xoxo alison

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment! I love to read every comment and opinion! This is a great opportunity to find lovely new inspiration through you readers! I will always try to comment back and leave some love. So go ahead, dawls! Tell me what youre thinking! xoxo.